Purchasing Coordinator- Tamworth, Staffordshire
Reference no: SCPC080218
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 +Bonus (Pension & Health Scheme)
Position Type: Permanent/ Full Time
To manage, maintain and improve the purchasing and inventory control processes to achieve best practice SQCDME performance targets.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- To ensure that all authorised purchasing and sourcing activities of the allocated product group are conducted in line with the company purchasing policy
- To review the material requirements of the company at an operational level in line with best practice SQCDE targets
- Assist with all daily operational functions as requested by the Materials Manager to maintain operational effectiveness
- To monitor, maintain and reduce the level of inventory and associated expenditure of the allocated group product, whilst ensuring that all foreseeable production and quality requirements are met
- Identify process issues and promote cross functional problem solving
- Assist with the creation of a monthly supplier performance report and review with the Materials Manager. Work proactively with the supply base to improve the delivery performance and associated processes
- Complete and champion CNC, INC and SNC reports and monitor proposed process improvements
- Manage and maintain the full suite of working procedures to ensure full compliance.
- To represent the company in supplier negotiations, supplier performance reviews and new supplier evaluations in line with the company purchasing policy
- To monitor product life cycles, usage rates and exit strategies as requested by the Materials Manager
- To proactively support the Materials Manager in the sourcing of new or alternative products
Essential skills and competencies:
- Previous experience in a similar purchasing role ideally within a manufacturing or production environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and have an inquisitive nature whilst having tact and diplomacy
- Strong negotiating and networking abilities enabling important business decisions
- Confident to be able to adapt quickly to demanding situations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an eye for detail therefore ensuring a high level of accuracy
- Work well with data and have strong reporting skills
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Hours of work: 40 hours a week.