Procurement Coordinator- Tamworth, Staffordshire
Reference no: SC/PC/020118
Salary: £25,000- £30,000 per year + Pension + Health Scheme
Position Type: Permanent/ Full Time
The role of Procurement Coordinator will be to manage, maintain and improve the purchasing and inventory control processes to achieve security, quality, cost, delivery, motivation and environmental (SQCDME) performance targets.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- To ensure that all authorized purchasing and sourcing activities are conducted in line with the company purchasing policy.
- To review the material requirements of the company at an operational level in line with best practice SQCDE targets.
- Assist with all daily operational functions as requested by the materials manager to maintain operational effectiveness.
- To monitor, maintain and reduce the level of inventory and associated expenditure, whilst ensuring that all foreseeable production and quality requirements are met.
- Identify process issues and promote cross functional problem solving.
- Create a monthly supplier performance report and review with the Materials Manager. Work proactively with the supply base to improve the delivery performance and associated processes.
- Complete and champion CNC, INC and SNC reports and monitor proposed process improvements.
- Manage and maintain the full suite of working procedures to ensure full compliance.
- To represent the company in supplier negotiations, supplier performance reviews and new supplier evaluations in line with the company purchasing policy.
- Liaise constructively with the sales, customer support, warehouse, logistics and production teams to ensure that departmental objectives are achieved. Whilst being mindful of the customer’s needs.
- To monitor product life cycles, usage rates and exit strategies as requested by the Materials Manager.
- To proactively support the Materials Manager in the sourcing of new or alternative products.
Essential skills and competencies:
- Previous experience in a similar procurement/ purchasing role ideally within a manufacturing or production environment.
- Experience procuring a wide range of materials.
- Work well with data and have strong reporting and Excel skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and have an inquisitive nature.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an eye for detail therefore ensuring a high level of accuracy.
- Be able to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Can work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Proactive, self-sufficient and have man management experience.
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Hours of work: 40 hours a week.