Health and Safety, Environmental Advisor (HSE Advisor)-Tamworth, Staffordshire
Reference no: COMP/HSE/120118
Salary: £30,000 +Bonus (Pension & Health Scheme)
Position Type: Permanent / Full Time
Using the academic underpinning of health and safety technical expertise, the role of Health and Safety, Environmental Advisor will complement the existing Compliance Department with an objective of designing safety and environment controls into the manufacturing process, whilst striving for continuous improvement.
This is very much a “hands on” role where you will be required to work with the operational teams to collect appropriate data, make suitable analysis and communicate findings and conclusions to the wider company. Additionally, you will play a key role in the implementation of improvements to make the business safer and more effective in line with our core values of Safety, Care and Trust.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Creating and maintaining business documentation such as Health and Safety process guidelines, risk assessments and procedures which form part of the company’s integrated management system (9001 & 14001).
- Evaluate and review risk assessments and site safety audits with written reports and agreed action plans.
- Support and coach local leadership when carrying out safety briefings.
- Development of product CLP labels and MSDS documentation.
- Carry out environmental aspect and impact audits.
- Review emergency response and preparedness procedures.
- Respond to customer queries regarding health and safety.
- Support investigations into accidents and incidents. Ensure plans are put in place to prevent re-occurrence.
- Promote a positive safety culture to the whole business.
- Support on-going training and development in Health and Safety.
Essential skills and competencies:
- Previous experience in a similar H&S Advisor/ Compliance role within a manufacturing environment.
- NEBOSH or equivalent qualification.
- Chemical experience preferred, a good understanding of chemistry is essential.
- Work well with data and be data-driven.
- Excellent problem solving skills and have an inquisitive nature.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an eye for detail therefore ensuring a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proactive, self-sufficient and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, MSDS software.
Hours of work: 40 hours a week.